Book: The Stalker
Author: Sandeep Sharma
Publication: Redgrab books & Anybook
This is a story from the writer of ‘The Coin’ and ‘Hey dad! Meet my mom’, Sandeep Sharma.
The author has created a mystery around Randhir Kamat, CEO of an entetainment company. He is being stalked by a girl for a long time. Although he himself doesn’t have a clear past. yet this time things turn out more edgy .
He is unmoved untill his girlfriend Rupali receives death threats from the same stalker. Scared Randhir reaches out to police and a cop Suraj Pant is appointed for the investigation.
Initially Suraj takes it as a mere stalking case, but soon the threads of crime unravel many lies and unmask many faces. The question seeks for replies through twisted events, nude truths and brutal heart-breakings.
- The thriller has the potential that keeps the reader turning over the pages.
- Language is easy and suits the flavour of settings.
- The book needs ‘Editing’. Characters are named clumsily. misprints are also the let-down-factor.
- Plot is left vague at some points. Events, particularly in the climax feel forced abeting the cogency of the story.
- Image credit: Google images